Saturday, October 17, 2009

Phantoms vs. Albany River Rats, 10-17-09, Postgame

Due to prior commitments, I was not able to view the game online. However, I had the audio stream on my cell phone, so that even in the midst of what I was doing, I could hear in the "background" that the Phantoms fell behind 1-0, remained trailing for most of the game, tied the score late, and lost in OT.

WOW, was the crowd noise loud when that tying goal went in. I expect to see that the game was a sellout, judging from the volume alone. Of course, the opponent was Albany, which is about 40 miles away, so I presume that at least some of the crowd was comprised of River Rats fans.

Both teams wore a special jersey which they'll don for games vs. one another all season long. They are competing for the Time Warner Cable Cup, which will go to the team that wins the 12-game Phantoms/River Rats series. Shades of the Keystone Cup that used to be given to the PA team that did the best (out of the Philadelphia Phantoms, Hershey Bears, and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins).

HERE and HERE are the posts to the Phantoms Blog in the Post-Star.

HERE is the Phantoms article from the Post-Star.

HERE is the game recap from the Phantoms site.

HERE is the box score from the AHL site.

No comments:

Post a Comment