Friday, September 25, 2009

Preseason: Phantoms defeat Albany at GFCC 2-1 in shootout

Boy, were in-game details about this contest hard to come by! Fortunately, the blogger from the Post-Star,com has a preliminary post available that gives some details. I look forward to seeing more details when they become available.

The Phantoms complete a home-and-home preseason series vs. Albany on Saturday at 5 PM. Admission to the game in Albany is free.

Oh, and by the way, I don't like shootouts any better now than I did when I was keeping the previous incarnation of this blog. ;) ARGH on turning a team game into a one-on-one competitions.

However, since shootouts exist, I'd rather see the Phantoms come out ahead when we take part in them. So I'm pleased to see that the team's tenure at the GFCC has been opened with a win.

Edit to add: CLICK HERE for the game recap on the Post-Star.com site.

No comments:

Post a Comment